Humanitarian and social action is undergoing a historical transformation with an increasing number of specialized networks established to provide development help and funding NGOs and their leaders.
The fields of humanitarian and social action have expanded and now include all the responsibilities of a strategic partner in both the economic and the “social-impact related” aspects.
Faced with new demands, NGOs need to change and, more than ever, need the following:
- management professionalization,
- new tools for results measurement,
- development of new skills.
This transformation acquires even a more urgent character since the donors and financial backers - now better informed and more involved - start acting as true “social investors” demanding an efficient use and the optimization of their financial contributions, together with a measurable and concrete impact assessment.
Among the current social challenges, Demeter Foundation has chosen to focus its efforts on:
- The fight against exclusion and vulnerability, as a complement to public initiatives.
- The development of economic solutions in order to reach this goal.
DEMETER FOUNDING VISION: “TO PROMOTE HUMANITARIAN AND SOCIAL ACTION BY MEANS OF INNOVATIVE AND LONG-LASTING ECONOMIC SOLUTIONS”
Essential keys for the implementation of a mechanism allowing humanitarian leaders to:
- Professionalize their operations and make the best use of their resources.
- Improve their access to funding mechanisms that will lead to higher level of autonomy.