ADVICE AND FUNDING
NGOs and SOCIAL COMPANIES’ ASSISTANCE AND GUIDANCE (pro bono)
- management optimization,
- creation of monitoring charts and result measurement indicators,
- assistance in fund-raising
AN ACCELERATOR OF BOTH “SOCIETAL” AND ECONOMICAL SUSTAINABILITY.
Mainly by interest-free loans for a term of 5 to 7 years, Demeter supports programs that enable:
- the creation of social enterprises or integration activities that can become partly or wholly self-funded through the development of income generating activities,
- the social reinsertion of disadvantaged population,
- the access to longer term funding for the NGO or social enterprise during its expansion phase, with a view to its reaching financial self-sufficiency.
Demeter founders, together with the leaders of the supported humanitarian programs, are actively engaged at several levels:
- ad-hoc assistance,
- organization or participation in management committees,
- active role in government bodies (Investment Committee or Management Board)
FINDING THE RIGHT BALANCE.
- The foundation strives to always distinguish the role of the investor/funder (Demeter) and the entrepreneur (the association’s management board). Demeter is never the project´s operator.
- The members of the foundation work as a two-person team on each program,
- The monitoring process is composed of at least 2 annual information meetings,
- Reporting is often informal, but always done on a regular basis, guaranteeing coherence and coordination with the foundation´s actions.