- Grants (for all or part of the financing), and (ideally) returned over the long-term,
- Interest free loans,
- Structured funding (especially in the case of income generating activities).
- € 5,000 to € 25,000 per year over 2 to 3 years. Then, reimbursement and exit of the strategic alliance over a 2-to-5-year additional term.
- purchase of the loans portfolio (for instance with microfinance),
- repayment plan (with pre-defined terms and conditions or at the time of new funding parties being involved).
Demeter expects to take an active role with sponsored organizations:
- management advice,
- participation in governance-related bodies.
Individual follow-up of each program by a Demeter representative: For instance:
- strategic advice,
- definition or implementation of a business plan,
- management improvements,
- expansion plan,
- funding strategy,
- amendments of the by-laws and creation of a social enterprise.
Follow-up reporting is contractually defined: at least half-yearly, and in some cases quarterly.